Friday, December 5, 2008

Drink! Drink! Drink!

(As Gargantua so aptly hollered....)


So on this 75th anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition, everybody should have an alcoholic beverage. Even if it's a wine cooler, or going to communion. Do it for America.

After all, it's the only thing barely keeping our economy afloat.

3 comments:

James Lamb said...

Hear Hear! Well, I won't be able to drink until end of shift, which will technically be tomorrow. Oh well.

And a link from the Jack Daniels article, apparently gun makers are doing well also. So let's get drunk and shoot our neighbors for the economy's sake!

Reminds me of my favorite neon sign on a storefront: Guns Ammo Bait Liquor. What else do you need to make the day complete?

James Lamb said...

oh, and I forgot one other remark... drinking kept the Russians going, so there.

James Lamb said...

Good god, I almost forgot. Good thing I saw this notice when I got home -- jumped over and put a dash of rum in the juice I was drinking.